Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bath Festival (1970)

The Bath festival took place at the Royal Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England in 1970.  The promoter of the show was Freddy Bannister and his wife Wendy.  They also promoted the 1969 Bath Festival.  The 1970 festival was larger than the first one with a crowd of 150,000, this made it hard to get to the festival cause of the blocked roads.  It started on the 27th and ended on the 29th of June.  A DJ played records throughout the festival in between acts.  And tents were provided for people to sleep in.  Bands that played the bath were Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Fairport Convention, It's A Beautiful Day, Hot Tuna, Canned Heat, Fleetwood Mac, The Byrds, Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention, Steppenwolf and others.
photos-ukrockfestivals.com, wikipedia, tumblr

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is one of the best bands EVER !

www.earthisaflower.blogspot.com , maybe you can take a look ?

Lisa x

Nicole said...

Oh, I wish I were there.. so many great bands and the atmosphere... =)

I'm really sorry, that I haven't make any article on my blog since my birthday on 11th of December, but my computer was broke... However, now I'm back and I made these changes and these are some news...:
1) I made new design- with Jane Birkin
2)I made new poll, with title: Which Beatles movie is your favourite
3)my new article deals with the result of the previous poll, look at it
4) I have also rechanged the mp3 widget with The Rolling Stones for the new widget, visit my blog and listen to new mix
5) tomorrow, on 23rd of January, there will be new article deaaling with new information and tips =)