Friday, September 9, 2011

Vidal Sassoon

Vidal Sassoon is best known as the creator of the mod hairstyles of the 60s such as the bob and the five point.  He developed an interest in hair styling at age fourteen, when he started working at a salon, sweeping floors.  All of his styles had straight prominent lines and points and were cut in geometric and organic shapes.  Most of them were very short and low maintenance.  Vidal  Sassoon was also responsible for creating the iconic hairstyles of Twiggy, Peggy Moffitt, Mary Quant, and Mia Farrow.  Which he was paid 5,000 dollars to cut her hair for the film Rosemary's baby.
 
photos- thecarnabetianarmy.tumblr.com, pbase,tumblr, corbis

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Nice post! I love Twiggy's haircut very much, but I can't understand how he could get 5000 dollars for Mia Farrow's haircut, I like her, but I think, that she didn't look very well with extremely short hair. I like her first haircut in Rosemary's Baby.